Dental Exams in Hurst,TX
Dental Exams in Hurst, TX
At Hurst Pediatric Dentistry in Hurst, Texas, we believe that seeing a dentist should be an enjoyable experience for children. Our office is specially designed to be kid-friendly, and our staff is passionate about helping children achieve healthy, beautiful smiles in a caring environment.
Dr. Lin, our dentist, is a board-certified pediatric dentist with children of his own. He understands how to relate to kids and make their dental checkups as painless and enjoyable as possible.
What Happens During a Dental Exam for Kids?
During your child’s dental exam, we will thoroughly examine your child’s teeth and surrounding structures. If we detect any cavities or other dental issues, we will discuss possible treatment options with you and your child. We want you and your child to feel informed about your child’s dental health and completely comfortable with any treatment plans, and our team is always happy to answer any questions you or your child may have during the exam.
Of course, our goal is to help your child avoid cavities and other dental issues in the first place, which is why we emphasize preventative dentistry. You're never too young to learn how to protect your smile. Preventive care, such as regular dental checkups, dental sealants, fluoride treatments, and daily brushing and flossing, sets kids up for a lifetime of good oral health.
As part of your child’s dental exam, we will discuss how to properly care for your child’s teeth and gums, focusing on methods tailored to your child’s age. We will also work with you and your child to formulate a comprehensive, individualized preventive plan. Parents are often surprised to learn what a large impact simple changes to their child’s oral hygiene and dietary habits can have on their child’s oral health.
How Often Should Your Child Have a Dental Exam?
We generally recommended scheduling dental exams at regular 6-month intervals, although patients with certain oral conditions or who are especially prone to cavities typically need more frequent exams (at 3-month intervals). Regular exams enable your child’s pediatric dentist to detect problems early and to treat them before they develop into larger issues.
Research has shown that early detection and management of cavities and other adverse oral conditions can improve a child’s oral and general health, well-being, and school readiness. With regular dental care, we can help your child achieve and maintain his or her best smile.
Why Should You Schedule Your Child’s Dental Exam with a Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist?
Going to a dentist who works exclusively with children offers several advantages:
- Pediatric dentists are specially trained in child behavior management techniques. They understand how to make children feel at ease and are experienced at providing the patience kids need during an appointment.
- Primary teeth are anatomically different from permanent teeth. Pediatric dentists are highly experienced in working with primary teeth and addressing the specific concerns they present.
- Children’s teeth and jaws are still developing. Pediatric dentists know how to carefully analyze how their patient’s dental issues – and any treatment options – will affect the growth and development of their patient’s teeth and jaws.
- Pediatric dentists have experience identifying and treating dental issues that are not typically seen in adults.
- Pediatric dentist offices are typically designed with children in mind, creating a fun and relaxing environment for kids.
You can read more about the difference between a board-certified pediatric dentist and a family dentist (i.e., a general dentist who is willing to treat both children and adults) here.
Find Dental Exams for Kids Near Me
Taking your child for regular dental checkups can protect their teeth for the long term. Hurst Pediatric Dentistry is located in Hurst, Texas, and provides pediatric dental care to patients across Hurst, Euless, Bedford, North Richland Hills, Colleyville, Keller, Southlake, Fort Worth and the surrounding area. Get in touch with our office today by calling 817-510-6400 or you can also book a pediatric dentist visit yourself by filling out our scheduling form.