Pediatric Dentist Near Colleyville, TX
Pediatric Dental Services Near Colleyville
Knowing there's a reliable place to take your child for a relaxing dental appointment can make all the difference. At Hurst Pediatric Dentistry, you can visit our compassionate team for all of your child's dental care needs. We offer a wide range of services:
- Dental cleanings. A lifetime of healthy smiles starts with regular cleaning. Our pediatric dentists remove the plaque that your child's toothbrush can't to help keep your child's teeth healthy and strong.
- Dental exams. A watchful eye can spot potential dental issues before they accelerate. Our dental team offers pediatric dental checkups to uncover early warning signs, discuss any recommended treatments, and walk through the best ways to care for your child's teeth at home.
- White fillings. Does your child have a cavity? Hurst Pediatric Dentistry is here for you. Our pediatric dentists are experts at filling cavities in baby teeth to help protect your child against other health problems. We use white fillings that blend in well with your child's natural teeth.
- Extractions. Baby tooth extraction may be necessary to treat dental infections, crowding, or a failure of baby teeth to fall out on their own. We ease anxious children through the process using age-appropriate language so they feel comfortable.
Why Take Your Child to a Pediatric Dentist?
Positive dental experiences set kids up for good oral hygiene throughout their lives. Just as you would take your child to a pediatrician instead of a general practitioner for a checkup, you should take your child to a pediatric dentist rather than a general dentist for a dental checkup. Pediatric dentists are specially trained to provide the best dental care for your child. In particular:
- Pediatric dentists have expertise in child-specific dental issues. Did you know that the anatomy of a baby tooth is very different from that of a permanent tooth? Certain dental procedures, such as pediatric pulp therapy, are performed exclusively on baby teeth. Pediatric dentists are trained to perform these procedures during their post-doctoral pediatric residency training, and because they work exclusively with children, they gain lots of experience.
- Pediatric dentists understand child psychology and behavior. Pediatric dentists are specially trained to help make visiting the dentist a positive and informative experience for children, using developmentally appropriate language and behavior guidance techniques.
- Kid-friendly environment. Pediatric dentists make oral hygiene fun! Hurst Pediatric Dentistry's warm, welcoming, child-focused office and staff will make your children feel comfortable and help get them excited about taking care of their teeth.
The Best Kids Dentist Near Colleyville
Hurst Pediatric Dentistry is proud to treat babies and children from Colleyville, Texas, and the surrounding area. Dr. Jin Lin is a board-certified pediatric dentist who has extensive experience working with pediatric patients of all ages. Dr. Lin earned his Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from the Harvard School of Dental Medicine and completed his post-doctoral pediatric dentistry training at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine / Boston Children's Hospital.
Request an Appointment
Ready to send your child to an experienced, compassionate pediatric dentist near Colleyville, Texas? Request an appointment for your child by submitting a quick online form.
This article is intended to provide general information about oral health topics. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any disease or as a substitute for the advice of a healthcare professional who is fully aware of and familiar with the specifics of your case. Always seek the advice of your dentist or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment.